I am a library reader 90% of the time, so 90% of this list is of books I really want to get my hands on from the library. They might not be super new and shiney but things I want to read very soon. One is a book I need to buy, but just not right now.
Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey at gingerreadslainey and is hosted by Sam at thoughtsontombs. Sam is actually the one that first got me thinking about the topic of female friendships several months ago and thus spawned two different blog posts of mine which were fairly popular. If you want to know more about Top 5 Wednesday, you can check out the Goodreads page.
1. Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire – This one was introduced to me by Booktube and sounded really good. Then it made it onto my intimidating TBR tag list. Then a friend read it and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT and it made me NEED IT RIGHT NOW. Sadly it’s not in my library system.
2. Games Wizards Play and the Feline Wizard books by Diane Duane – currently reading (slowly because overtime at work is a pain) the 9th book in the series and the 10th just came out and I will need it very soon. Sadly not in my library system.
3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – must-have addition for my personal library.
4. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – It needs to be October soon so that I can read this!
5. Genius: The Game by Leopoldo Gout – continuing with the SciFi and virtual reality theme I have been in recently, this is another one that BookTube introduced me to and is not part of my library system that I really want to read right now.