1. Have you ever damaged a book?
Not intentionally. The only unintentional incident I can remember was me accidentally ripping the back cover of a paperback really badly. This excludes textbooks, which I don’t often write in but sometimes do.
2. Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
3. How long does it take you to read a book?
Ranges from 8 hours to 2 years, but generally if I’m reading it means I have the time to read and the book is done in 2 days or so.
4. Books that you haven’t finished?
5. Hyped/Popular books that you don’t like?
Here are so many I think this is actually a good topic for a blog post series so I will hold off of naming a bunch right now. However, the first one that comes to mind is Ready Player One by Ernst Cline.
6. Is there a book you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?
No. Since there aren’t any books I would actually read that I would be ashamed of reading. I possibly might not tell someone I was (finally) reading some book that everyone else had read and liked if I wasn’t liking it but this is not because of shame rather than avoiding backlash.
7. How many books do you own?
Less than 100 but more than 50 which seems like a lot to me but there are people with thousands so I know it is not that many.
8. Are you a fast reader or a slow reader?
I’m slow but if I want to finish the book I will do nothing else but read and thus makes it seem like I’m a fast reader. As a child I was a fast reader but school readings (sciences) has caused me to slow down over time.
9. Do you like to buddy read?
Never done it, would like to try it and/or just be part of a book club with non-sucky reads and people willing to discuss the book’s positive AND negative aspects in a respectful way if there are diverging opinions (would love some diverging opinions as well).
10. Do you read better in your head or out loud?
Head, that way I can skim over words I don’t know how to pronounce and/or don’t get mocked for pronouncing things wrong and stumbling over words. I am not a good ‘sight reader’, not terrible mind, but not good.
11. If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why?
You can’t make me pick just one. Nope.