Again, generally speaking, I like the who the main character of a book ends up with in whatever form of relationship they choose by the end of the book. However, there are some relationships that I love more than others.
Disclaimer: Sorry guys, I don’t think I can do this one without spoilers. It’s just not the same. However, in most of these books it’s obvious who the main character will end up with, so that is my justification. When it take until the 4th book, I will be more vague.
Books/series mentioned: Song of the Lioness and Protector of the Small (Tamora Pierce), Graceling (Kristin Cashore), Throne of Glass (the novellas, Sarah J Maas), The Mediator (Meg Cabot), The Wake trilogy (Lisa McMann) and Inda (Sherwood Smith).
1. Katsa and Po in Graceling by Kristin Cashore – A book I need to re-read since the end I thought was sad at the time (due in part to their relationship) but I think I will like it more now.
2. Keladry of Mindelan and [SPOILERS STOP IF YOU DON’T WANT THEM] herself/the refugees/animals – I Love how Kel does not end up with someone, instead she has her duty and her responsibilities. And animals.
3. Alanna and who she ends up picking – She picked the right person in the end and the character I loved from the first introduction. They are perfect for each other and he was my first book crush and they my first book couple that I loved.
4. Celaena and Sam in The Assassins Blade – Whoops spoilers! They are amazing while they lasted. Not sure where Celaena will go from there.
5. Susannah and Jesse in the Mediator series by Meg Cabot – major spoilers since it takes a while, but come on, we all knew it was going to happen from book one.
6. Janie and Cabel in the Wake trilogy by Lisa McMann – Love them together.
7. Inda and Tdor in Inda by Sherwood Smith – their friendship to relationship through growing up and the adversities they face was beautiful.
8. Fox with himself in Inda by Sherwood Smith – Fox is not really shown with anyone else and I do think he might be on the ace spectrum.