Another Top 5 Wednesday. If you don’t know what that is or you want to find out more, you can check out the Goodreads page.
I will admit, I like TV shows generally better then movies because there is so much more room to have everything you want and more in them since there is more time. But I do hate when TV shows turn into the ‘police procedural/medical drama that wraps up the story line in one episode’ since they feel very samey after only a handful of episodes. However, shows that take the Game of Thrones route and have complex and multi episode arcs are the best shows. Thus all these books I want them as TV shows that take a similar route.
1. The Young Wizards series by Diane Duane – young wizards learning more about their interesting and unique powers. Very TV worthy.
2. The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket – this one is getting the royal TV treatment, but it’s not out yet, so on my list.
3. The Dear Canada series of novels by various authors – very interesting series that looks a that life of young girls during various times in Canadian History. They would make great TV shows for kids.
4. The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer – genus main character, other sassy main characters, interesting concept. I think this would be a great adaption for a family TV show.
5. Anything Tamora Pierce by Tamora Pierce – her stuff would be perfect for TV. It needs to happen.