I stumbled upon this fantastic tag recently and needed to do it right away! This tag was created by the lovely Farah at A Booktube Book who I just discovered and have been binging on her videos! Please check her out!
1. Trump vs. Clinton: Name your favourite character rivalry
I didn’t really read any new Rivalries in books this year, however I did a re-read of the Harry Potter books and there are several good ones in that series. The one that likely most resembles the Trump vs. Clinton rivalry is Umbrigde and Harry.
2. Turkey Failed Coup: A book you started but failed to finish? DNF
I *actually* managed to finish the book I started and got stuck on for 6 months so I didn’t DNF a book this year! The close ones were A Wizard of Mars by Diane Duane and Saga by Conor Kostick.
3. Pokemon Go: What book did you buy or read based on the hype? Did you enjoy it?
Both books I bought this year I bought based on hype: The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers and Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire. I loved one and the other I liked but it also was part of my biggest disappointments of the year.
4. Stranger Things: What’s one book you want everyone to read?
There’s not one book that I think everyone must read that I read in 2016 (besides the obvious Harry Potter).
5. Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Mr. Robot: What was your favourite book cliffhanger within a series?
Thankfully, most of the books I read this year didn’t have cliffhangers! The one that I can think of I predicted what had happened and it was a terrible cliffhanger. I can, however, shout out Shadow Study by Maria V Synder for being fantastically terrible for having cliffhangers at the end of every chapter making it really hard to put the book down!
6. The Tragic Crisis in Aleppo: Name the last book that made you cry or teary-eyed
None. I’m a pretty stoic book reader. Historically, however, oneof the books I re-read made me cry the first time I read it: A Wizard’s Dilemma by Diane Duane.
7. Brexit: Name a book you have an unpopular opinion towards
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
8. Four new elements discovered in the periodic table: Name an author you discovered/read for the first time this year
Becky Chambers is the best new author I read this year.
9. #BlackLivesMatter**: Your favourite diverse read
The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet was very, very diverse which is one of the things I loved about this book. Actually, over 40% of the books I read this year had a PoC main character and/or other diversity within them! (More if you consider the Dumbledore thing diversity, which I don’t since it’s not ‘on-page’).
10. Zika Virus: A book that spread like wildfire
Long Way to a Small Angry Planet, Every Heart a Doorway and the Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee were the most hyped books I read this year.
11. Leonardo DiCaprio FINALLY won the Oscar: What was your most anticipated book release this year?
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
12. In Memorium: Name a memorable character death
13. Samsung phones: One book that blew your mind this year!
The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet
**The original tag has this as #AllLivesMatter – which they do – but that tag is against the message of the movement of #BlackLivesMatter and as such I have changed it.
I think there are a few repeats from last tag in here but *shrugs* more blog post ideas!