These are supposed to be book you love that people either love or hate, but several books on this list are books that I hated, but I could see how others love.
Top 5 Wednesday is host over on Goodreads by Sam at Thoughts on Tomes.
1. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray – this is a satirical book that just did not work for me but I can see why people would like it.
2. Spy Glass by Maria V Synder – the main character is in a relationship which started off abusive and squicks me out sooooo much and is hand waved away. Also there are certain scene in this novel that I’m not a fan of and the over abundance of kidnapping in this book annoys me. However, some people can over look all these flaws and love it?
3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – not as polarizing as others, but most people that dislike this book have and issue with the epistolary nature of how it’s written, which is not for everyone. I, personally, loved this book.
4. Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire – another one I liked but not everyone does and I can see why. Part is the graphic nature of the plot and frank talk about sex and gender identity.
5. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee – It’s compared to gossip girl and is a guilty-pleasure type read, so it’s definitely not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.
Honourable mention: The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers – its not action paced which many people want in SciFi, also has frank talk of sex and sexuality that not everyone is is comfortable with.