21. Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy 4.5/5 Stars
22. Every Girl’s Dream by Meg Cabot 4/5 Stars
23. Games Wizards Play by Diane Duane 4/5 Stars
24. Tortall and Other Lands by Tamora Pierce (various narrators) 5/5 Stars
25. Proposal by Meg Cabot 4.5/5 Stars
26. Lireal by Garth Nix (Tim Curry) 4/5 Stars
27. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern 2.5/5 Stars
28. Remembrance by Meg Cabot 4/5 Stars
29. Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle 4.5/5 Stars
30. Matilda by Roald Dahl (Kate Winslet) 5/5 Stars
Average Rating: 4.2
Reviewed on Blog: 0
Bookshelf TBR: 4
Fewer audiobooks in this section for a few reasons. I’ve wanted to enjoy the walk and my thoughts more in the past few weeks so I haven’t been listening to them as much. There are several that I want to read right now but they have long waiting lists. Also, now that I’m a bit more adjusted to my new work schedule I have been reading more physical books and wanting to read more books off my shelf, which leads to fewer audiobooks.
That being said, I have bought many more books that I have not read which affects my goal to reduce by unread bookshelf books to under 6. There are 2 posts coming up that are an update to said goal.
I’m doing really well with the amount of books I have read so far this year. I’m averaging more then a book a week, which I’m pleased with. Looking at the numbers, since I started working my new job I’ve been reading 5 or 6 books a month, whereas the first 3 months I read maybe 3 books a month. A great improvement and it means I should read well over 50 books this year! I’m so happy about this.
Blog-wise things were slow while I was adjusting to life but have picked up the past few weeks. I’ll see how this thing goes but I want to keep it going but with fewer blog posts out a month. I do want to post more reviews on this blog but the books I have been reading recently I haven’t had too much interesting to say and have not bothered with a lengthy review. However, if you want to know what I’m up to in the book world and read shorter reviews of the books I read, you are more then welcome to friend or follow my Goodreads, which I keep pretty up-to-date.
Finally, while it does look like I’ve had a great reading month with most of the books being 4 stars or higher, I feel like many of the books I have read are meh and that nothing has really gripped my this year. Perhaps I need to start picking different types of books or maybe I’m just really picky lately.