Note: wherever possible, I avoid adding re-reads to these kind of tag posts.
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.
None have really forced me to put them on my exclusive favourites list so far this year, but a few have if forced to pick one Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2017.
Gemina by Kaufman and Kristoff, with Games Wizards Play by Diane Duane coming 2nd
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire (library just informed me they have a copy for me!)
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Tortall: A Spy’s Guide by Tamora Pierce, Juile Holderman, Timothy Liebe and Megan Messinger
5. Biggest disappointment.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I was promised big things but they never happened. The great setting could have used a better plot and characters.
6. Biggest surprise.
I didn’t expect to love Learning to Swear in America as much as I did. I also didn’t expect to not like Eve: the Awakening my Jenna Moraci as much as I did. Or HATE Beauty Queens by Libby Bray so much.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
No one has really forced be to need to pay attention, but Andy Weir‘s book was good and the blurb for the newest one has me interested. Also I like Queen of the Tearling (Erika Johansen) enough to want to continue.
8. Newest fictional crush.
None of my new reads this year have had crush material, but I have a newer appreciation for Raoul of Goldenlake and Nealan of Queenscove.
9. Newest favourite character.
Again, no one really stands out here.
10. Book that made you cry.
None, I rarely cry reading books (mostly because I avoid the type of book that would make me cry).
11. Book that made you happy.
The Martian made me laugh a tonne. So did Learning to Swear in America and Gemina.
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
I’ve seen (as far as I know) one movie adaptation, The Martian, and one TV adaptation, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and both were great!
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)
None of my reviews really sticks out to me.
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
Did I need it? No. But it is beautiful inside and out.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Oh there are a tonne, and I really should make a list. I’m still trying to read as many books on my shelves as I can in attempt to reduce the unread total to 6. But I keep buying books….